Thursday, May 7, 2015

Jackie

I saw you on my 8th birthday for the first time. Your paw stuck in those rocks while you cried for help. We picked you up and kept you warm on that cold February night. Treated your leg and you never had to limp anymore. Dearest Jackie, you were the best birthday gift ever. Its been 18 years since then but those memories of you are still crystal clear in my mind when you would sleep in my arms like a cradled little baby.

Life was simple, wasn't it Jackie? You & me playing in the backyard. We never got tired even after running in the fields the whole day. How you would come rushing to my help and finish my meal. You were always excited to see us returning from school.

You taught me how to love someone unconditionally. It was the best moment when you found out we were visiting and you stayed till the end to see us off at the bus stop. How I wish you were still here Jackie. Maybe you would have made it simpler.

No comments: