Monday, December 6, 2010

Do I belong to you?

"I hear the wind across the plain
A sound so strong - that calls my name
It's wild like the river - it's warm like the sun
Ya it's here - this is where I belong

Under the starry skies - where eagles have flown
This place is paradise - it's the place I call home
The moon on the mountains
The whisper through the trees
The waves on the water
Let nothing come between this and me

Cause everything I want - is everything that's here
And when when we're all together - there's nothing to fear
And wherever I wonder - the one thing I've learned
It's to here - I will always....always return"

-
Bryan Adams ( This is where I belong-Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarron)

How does it feel when you belong to some place, some where, some school,some country, some one...
Maybe I am not the person who will understand this feeling. Born and brought up to be only caught up between schools, between friends, between relatives, between places; when did I ever learn to 'belong'???
The truth is I never did belong. Everyone around has something to hold onto and I am more keen to let go in the delusion of experiencing something new and exciting.
Good or bad, I have always considered every obligation as another chain tying me up and not letting me live free.
Wait...wait...and more wait...is all I have done for the day to arrive when I will fly like those free birds I stare at everyday.
But where will this free bird return to in the evening?

No comments: