Friday, August 17, 2012

Porcelain

It was delicate & tiny. Protected from everyone, cupped between my palms...my precious. I never gave it to anyone for I cared so much for it, wouldn't let anyone even glance at it let alone touch it. Scratch-less, glazing and enticing as always...it made me such a proud owner....my precious!

But then you came along with your deceiving smile befriending with lies and false promises. Apprehensive initially, but you convinced me well. I believed your words and gave in to your lies.
I handed my precious to someone else for the first time. You held it gently and slid it in your breast-pocket of your jacket. I was assured for sure that my precious was protected from this world forever and heaved a sigh of relief. You held my hand inter-twining with my fingers and we walked together for a while, when all of a sudden you turned around to face me.You took out my precious from your pocket while I watched confused, and then you smashed it on the road. It numbed my mind for a fleeting moment for I couldn't even believe what happened a while ago. I shrieked and led out a desperate cry for help. You turned your back to me and then started walking forward. I yelled out and asked with despair why you broke my precious. But you wouldn't even look back. Hell-struck and shocked I screamed and screamed and screamed.....

You had taken me a long way along and I couldn't go back to from where we started because I had lost my way. I stood there knowing nothing what to do next. Then I knelt down rubbing my tear smeared cheeks and started picking up the broken pieces of my precious. It was smashed so bad that some of the pieces were crushed to powders and I couldn't even glue them back. I collected all the pieces and swept the powders too with my palms, trying to take every bit I could. It ached me for I knew my precious was broken and I couldn't have another one ever. I put the pieces in a polythene bag and started treading an unknown path while I heard the clinking of the pieces of my precious as I moved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

one word that came into my mind as it concluded, "Marvelous"
wow!! keep up the good work.